Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 2008' Update on Z







I just have to post an update, since this is a public blog now. I know that it is fun to see how babies grow, learn, attach, etc. when researching adoption.

I can honestly, with my entire heart, tell you that Zahria is my daughter. She is my complete heart. She is attaching tremendously. She is brilliant, not just because I am her mom and a tad biased, but because it is the truth. I have been teaching her sign language, as a way for her to better express her desires, and she is catching on like wildfire. So far, Z knows: more, all gone, eat, hat, swing, bubbles, cat, dog, monkey, car, turtle, bird, ++++ She is just amazing!!! Zahri is now walking, mind you she couldn't crawl when I met her a mere 6 months ago. She is eating like a champ, nearly sleeping through the night (minus a couple bad dreams here and there), says 'momma and puppy', off the bottle and on to whole milk (lactose free), she loves music, is a freak about water / loves it, loves her puppies and kitty, ++++ I can't say enough amazing things about my daughter.

The following photos were taken by Nancy at Jane Bailey Photography. If you are from the Twin Cities / St. Cloud, MN area, Nancy does phenominal work!!!!! Check her out at www.janebailey.com

9 comments:

Shelley said...

Christy:

Zahria is absolutely a gorgeous girl. Congratulations! The time flies and they grow up very, very fast.

Shelley in Los Angeles
Mom to 4 from Kaz - my babies are now almost 7, 6, 5 and 3

Lori said...

Christy - she is beautiful!

Lori

Unknown said...

Christy,
I just checked your site now and saw your update. Zahria is beautiful! I'm looking for or to start a single moms group in the Twin Cities area - I have a son who is almost 3 (home 8 months from Russia). If you know of other single women who might be interested or you are let me know.
kc31@hotmail.com

Stephanie and Gary said...

such a beautiful post -- photos and sentiments. I'm glad to have caught up. I would love to know your family blog site, thanks!

Stephanie

Julian and Sara said...

Hi Christy -

I was struck by the resemblance between Zahria and our daughter, Zoe. Zoe doesn't look like most of the other Kaz kids we see and it's fun to see a similar look.

Sara

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

Christy,
I just found your blog.. and wow she is BEAUTIFUL... we are also adopting from Kaz... our blog is www.gobblefamilyadoption.blogspot.com
check it out if you'd like.. and we'd love to have you and any of your contacts/friends/family be apart of our lastest fundraiser idea... a cookbook... an adoption keepsake cookbook... please check out our website for me details and please forward on to any and all family and friends..
thanks so much..
Z is adorable.. what a sweet baby girl..
I can also relate to turning 30... I just turned 30.. and wow.. I can't believe it... you go girl!!
Have a great day..
I would also love to be invited to your family blog site.. and follow Z as she grows..
Lanetta Gobble

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

forgot to leave my e-mail... sorry.
lanettagobble@yahoo.com

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Wow! Those are beautiful pictures of your beautiful daughter!

françoise said...

bonjour ,


je me permets d'écrire sur ce site ou ce blog .
je me présente : Françoise Boulnois ( francoise.boulnois@tele2.fr ) vivant en France et ayant adopté une petite fille à Pavlodar en mars 2008 .
Ma fille Léopoldine avait 2 ans et quatre mois quand je l'ai connu .
j'ai découvert par hasard sur un blog de canadiens : Julie et Stephan ayant adopté Angélika Allard une photo de ma fille de profil .
Je cherche à les joindre , peut-être auraient ils d'autres de photos de ma fille prises notamment le 02 septembre 2007 lors d'un spectacle donné à l'orphelinat .
ce serait une joie immense de pouvoir y parvenir .

merci d'avance .

Françoise , maman de Léopoldine, Anastasia


Hello,

Alow me to write you.

My name is Françoise Boulnois ( francoise.boulnois@tele2.fr ) ; I live in France and since march 2008 I’m the adoptive mother of a little girl from Pavlodar’s baby house.

My daughter, Léopoldine (Anastasia), was aged of 28 months when I met her.

By chance, I discovered on the web blog of Julie & Stephan (Angelika’s adoptive parents) a photograph of my daughter.

I’m trying to contact them, perharps could they have others photographs of my daughter at the orphelina’s show the 2th of september (2007).

It will be a huge joy for me to have a contact with them.

Thanks a lot.

Françoise, Léopoldine’s mother (Anastasia).

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)