Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
"No I didn't give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you!"

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Names, Names & more Names

Astana, Akmolinsk(until 1961), Tselinograd(1961-92) or Aqmola(1992-98)?

Semey or Semipalatinsk?

Shymkent or Chimkent?

Zhambyl or Taraz?

Aqtobe or Aktobe?

Believe it or not, these are all the same cities just different names for the same place. Ugh! Again, how do I research a region when there are several names for each place? These are all regions that I may adopt from.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Christy--just found your blog-since you commented on MY BLOG (who ever know I'd become so dang BLOG OBSSESSED!!!). I love your blog!! It sounds like you will be traveling SOON!! that is so exciting. I will be now stalking your blog daily.
I'm all apostillized, except for that ONE LAST DOCUMENT.
I am running anxiously to the mailbox everyday. They only got my homestudy last Thursday though. :)

Hang in there. :) you have a great attitude.

Sandi said...

Hi Christy,
Susan actually sent me your link. I am adopting from Kazakhstan as a single woman too. It looks like we are in the same time frame, my dossier has been translated and I believe it is slated to go to the consulate in the next week. So maybe we will travel at the same time :) My blog is journey2kazakhdaughter.blogspot.com

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'

Izaak, Elijah & Ty 'Bear'
Cousins (Izaak wants to name my daughter (his cousin) Isabella, Sant (for 'Santa') or Hershey (his friend's dog's name.) Hmmmm I told him that if we name her 'Hershey,' that would mean that we get to give her a lot of kisses.

Kolter Matthius Simon

Kolter Matthius Simon
Littlest Cousin......possibly. Kolter may indeed be the same age as his little girl cousin in Kaz. :)